Left to right: Etta (BRASHER,MARTIN)Redwine with Uncle Ron, Mary (Tippens)Culberson holding my daddy, Larry and the end is Mammaw Roderick (Martha Elizabeth Cook Martin Roderick)
Mammaw Roderick, Mammaw Redwine, Mammaw Culberson & Uncle Ron
Mammaw & Pappaw Redwine
Descendants of Etta Luticia Brasher
Generation No. 1
1. REVEREND ETTA LUTICIA8 BRASHER (THOMAS EDWARD7, TALTON6, WILLIAM HIRAM5, AQUILLA4, THOMAS L. BRAZIER3, THOMAS2 BRAZIER, WILLIAM B.1 BRASHIER SR.) was born July 24, 1883 in Mt. Holly, Union County, AR, and died June 11, 1950 in Knoxville, TN. She married (1) WILLIAM MARVIN DURHAM July 30, 1901. He was born Abt. 1879, and died November 27, 1907 in Sutton, Nevada Co, AR. She married (2) LARKIN NELSON MARTIN October 01, 1913 in Madisonville, TN, son of JOSIAH MARTIN and MARTHA COOK. He was born January 22, 1895 in Madisonville, TN, and died December 31, 1916 in Marysville, TN. She married (3) HARVEY REDWINE September 13, 1926 in Knoxville, TN. He was born May 02, 1870, and died October 24, 1951 in Knoxville, TN.
Notes for REVEREND ETTA LUTICIA BRASHER:
Etta and Ida were fraternal twins. Etta was tall and lean and Ida was short and stocky. Etta Luticia Brasher first married a man with named William Marvin Durham. From this union were produced Thomas and Ruby Durham. Etta didn't raise these children, and they were farmed out to others to be raised. There was a man named Nelson, who was a pianist. He played for Etta as she preached. They fell in love and married. Then she married a Larkin Nelson Martin with whom she had Ida Elizabeth Martin. Ida Elizabeth Martin was raised mainly by Liz Martin Cook Rodrick until she became ill. After this, the two moved in Wit h Aunt Annie, and the children she was raising from her sister. After Liz Rodrick's death, Aunt Annie finished raising Elizabeth (along with the Harris family). After Larkin's death in 1916 from pneumonia, she married William Harvey Redwine (who is from Knoxville. His funeral was actually held in Knoxville, but because Etta was buried at Chestua, that is where he chose to be buried.) She had quite a few jobs. One was a traveling evangelist/minister, another with a political comp any and later on in her life a seamstress. Elizabeth had a feeling she needed to see her mother, so she sold an insurance policy and caught a bus to Vensiance, IN (where Ron was born). When Liz got there she found out her mother was sick and was going into the hospital the next day. They found out she had Uterine cancer. Etta only lived a few days after her surgery.
More About REVEREND ETTA LUTICIA BRASHER:
Burial: Chestua Cemetery, Monroe Co, Tn
Cause of Death: Uterine cancer
Occupation: minister; Occupation: Traveling evangelist
Notes for WILLIAM MARVIN DURHAM:
Mr. Durham was divorced from Etta Brasher. From this union came Ruby and Tommy Durham
More About LARKIN NELSON MARTIN:
Burial: Ebenezor Cem Mc Minn Co Tn
Cause of Death: Typhoid Fever
More About HARVEY REDWINE:
Burial: Chestua Cemetery, Monroe Co, Tn
2. i. RUBY9 DURHAM, b. September 30, 1902, Little Rock, Arkansas.
3. ii. TOMMY DURHAM, b. July 27, 1905, Little Rock, Arkansas; d. December 04, 1992, Zephyrhills, Florida.
iii. JOHNNY ASHBURY DURHAM, b. September 30, 1907, Sutton, Nevada Co, AR; d. September 1908, Junction City, AR.
More About JOHNNY ASHBURY DURHAM:
Burial: Junction City, AR
Child of ETTA BRASHER and LARKIN MARTIN is:
4. iv. IDA ELIZABETH9 MARTIN, b. June 18, 1914, Mcminn Co; d. June 30, 1994, Englewood, TN (McMinn Co.).
Left Daughter Ruby, Middle Daughter Elizabeth (my grandmother) and right Etta Martin.
Etta with her daughter and my Mammaw, Elizabeth Martin Culberson
Generation No. 2
2. RUBY9 DURHAM (ETTA LUTICIA8 BRASHER, THOMAS EDWARD7, TALTON6, WILLIAM HIRAM5, AQUILLA4, THOMAS L. BRAZIER3, THOMAS2 BRAZIER, WILLIAM B.1 BRASHIER SR.) was born September 30, 1902 in Little Rock, Arkansas. She married (1) JOE BERTI. She married (2) MITCHELL PIERCE.
Child of RUBY DURHAM and MITCHELL PIERCE is:
i. CAPE10 PIERCE.
3. TOMMY9 DURHAM (ETTA LUTICIA8 BRASHER, THOMAS EDWARD7, TALTON6, WILLIAM HIRAM5, AQUILLA4, THOMAS L. BRAZIER3, THOMAS2 BRAZIER, WILLIAM B.1 BRASHIER SR.) was born July 27, 1905 in Little Rock, Arkansas, and died December 04, 1992 in Zephyrhills, Florida. He married DOROTHY. She died February 1992 in Zephyrhills, Florida.
More About TOMMY DURHAM:
More About DOROTHY:
Cremation: Zephyrhills, Florida
Children of TOMMY DURHAM and DOROTHY are:
i. DELORES10 DURHAM, m. FLOCKER.
ii. ETTA DURHAM, m. RUSSELL.
My Mammaw & Grandmother, Ida Elizabeth Martin Culberson4. IDA ELIZABETH9 MARTIN (ETTA LUTICIA8 BRASHER, THOMAS EDWARD7, TALTON6, WILLIAM HIRAM5, AQUILLA4, THOMAS L. BRAZIER3, THOMAS2 BRAZIER, WILLIAM B.1 BRASHIER SR.) was born June 18, 1914 in Mcminn Co, and died June 30, 1994 in Englewood, TN (McMinn Co.). She married (1) LEROY TOWNSAND. She married (2) CHARLES CULBERSON January 16, 1939 in Athens, Tennessee (McMinn County), son of WILLIAM CULBERSON and MARY TIPPENS. He was born July 14, 1912 in Benton, TN (Polk Co), and died February 22, 2001 in Roane County TN.
More About IDA ELIZABETH MARTIN:
Burial: July 03, 1994, Chestua Cemetary (Monroe Co.)
More About CHARLES CULBERSON:
Burial: February 25, 2001, Chestua Cemetery, Monroe CO TN
Children of IDA MARTIN and CHARLES CULBERSON are:
5. i. CHARLES RONALD10 CULBERSON, b. PRIVATE, Vincennes, Indiana.
6. ii. LARRY EUGENE CULBERSON, b. PRIVATE, Athens, TN (McMinn Co.).
7. iii. DAVID GERALD CULBERSON, b. PRIVATE, Maryville, TN.
8. iv. MICHAEL JOSEPH CULBERSON, b. PRIVATE, Athens, TN.